Cost: $30 per person
Duration: 1 hour
Participants: 5 – 20 people
Location: Roasting Warehouse
The Roasting Warehouse Tour is designed to be an overview of where coffee comes from and what influences the flavour of the little green beans, from crop to roasting.
Each participant receives 250gms of beans to take home.
Topics to be covered include:
· The Life of A Coffee Plant: What’s important to growth and how much work actually goes into creating coffee
· Green Bean: Everything that happens from harvesting the coffee plant, through the intricacies of processing, to arriving at the dried, bagged green beans before roasting
· Sourcing & Direct Trade: Why we choose to have direct relationships with our farmers and the benefits this has for both us and you as a consumer
· Characteristics of Single Origin Coffees: An overview of some of the origins we use as well as some common taste characteristics between these beans
· Coffee Blending: How we create a blend and the pros and cons of pre vs. post blending
· Roasting Area Tour: Watch a live roast happening as you’re taken through the transformation of the green bean to roasted coffee
Choose Your Own Adventure:
These tours can also be expanded to meet your needs. If you wish to add extra topics, these will be charged at $50 per person and an allowance for an extra 1 hour per topic is needed.
Some suggested topics:
· Brewing Methods: How different apparatus is used and affects the profile in the cup. Brewing Methods may include: Syphon/Vacuum Pot, Turkish, Cold Drip, Aeropress, Handpress, Pourover, Stovetop, Plunger/French Press, Vietnamese Filter, or any other you may like
· Domestic Brewing Methods: Different ways of creating the perfect coffee at home.
· Latte Art (Competence at milk texturing may need to be proven)
· Coffee Tasting or Cupping Session of various Single Origin beans & Blends